- This event has passed.
2020 Porg Cup
June 27, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 9:00 pm EDT
This Competitive Tier tournament event will provide a friendly, competitive and fair environment where players can test themselves. Players of all experience levels are welcome to join. All IACP cards that are on the most recent Official Changes document are legal for this event. All games will be played online using the Vassal Skirmish module.
- All Swiss rounds will occur on Saturday, June 27th. Tournament pairings and results will be recorded on the Porg Cup Tabletop.to event page.
- Players must check-in on the IACP Discord “#event-announcements” text channel or the “General Chat & LFG” voice channel by 9:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4). Games will begin promptly 15 minutes after check-in. (Join the Discord server using this link.)
- A player who misses a check-in for the first Swiss game but does check-in for the rest of the tournament will be given a 1st round loss to their assigned opponent or to a BYE opponent. A player missing both the 1st and 2nd rounds without notifying the Event Organizer will be dropped from the event.
- Swiss tournament pairings will be made for the tournament. Players should expect to play at least 4 rounds, and possibly more if the number of entrants require it.
- A Top Cut will be made after all Swiss rounds are complete. Players who make the Top Cut will continue in the event for the next following weeks.
- This event is part of the 2020 Squad Commander Series. Players are automatically registered for the SCS by participating in this event, and can opt-out by contacting the Event Organizer.
How To Register
- If you do not already have an account at Tabletop.to, create one.
- Purchase your Digital Ticket. You’ll need to specify your shipping address for prizes and your Tabletop.to account.
- Once your payment has been confirmed by the Event Organizer, you will be added to the tournament.
Order of Play
- After pairings are announced, players will have 5 minutes to find their opponent and set up a game in Vassal.
- A 75-minute timer will be used for each round. After the round timer ends, a 10-minute “overtime” timer will be set. During this “overtime” period, players continue play until they end the current round. Once the “overtime” timer ends, players will be notified to end play immediately and count the current Victory Points for the final total.
- Players will use the IACP Discord Server for voice chat.
- Players may use “@judge” in a text channel or jump into the “General Chat & LFG” voice channel to page an event judge for questions.
- Both players should report their results on the Tabletop.to event page.
- Standard 40 Deployment Point army, 15 Command cards, 15-point Command card deck.
- You must use the same army in each game for this tournament (including Top Cut rounds).
- No requirement to use at least 1 IACP Approved cards.
- If IACP has changed an existing FFG card, you must use the IACP version.
- A copy of your list must be registered on the Tabletop.to event page before Swiss round play begins.
The amount of prize support will be determined by the number of entrants. Prizes will be produced and shipped 8-12 weeks after the tournament concludes. Any tournament fees not used for creating prizes will go to fund future IACP tournament content.
- Participation Prize: TBA
- Tournament Winner Prize: TBA